Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Scribbling Intensifies - Grand Bazaar WIP

My schedule continues to be overly full so just a quick update on my current drawing. I am practically done with the first black render pass on the drawing. This is a huge milestone and even though there is still plenty to do I can see the finished drawing taking shape. Once I finish this black render I will start with the white pass, then paint, then ink, and finally any needed pushing and pulling of the piece as a whole. While that sounds like a lot, the drawing really speeds up at this point and magically comes together. As it stands now I am finally starting to see the drawing that has been in my mind taking shape in front of me. I can not rush it and there will be a few more sessions to go before it is done, but it should be finished next week. Really looking forward to sharing this one. It will be the first reveal of what the Grand Bazaar looks like. That said, here are some extremely tight cropped images of the drawing from last night...

All the little monsters going about their day in the Grand Bazaar.

Just more monsters to flesh out another day and to tell their story.

Roof topper.

All the little monsters going about their day after I worked a little more on them.
Process images © 2018 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday (maybe). Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment