Monday, April 24, 2017

Homunculus - Sagaborn

Back in February I posted about the Sagaborn Kickstarter that I was a part of. Jump ahead to April and the Kickstarter was successfully funded, if you missed the Kickstarter you can still get a copy through PledgeManager, and I can share with you my contribution to the book! I present to you my contribution to the Sageborn Core Book, the wily Homunculus...

Homunculus
Sagaborn
14 x 11 - Ink on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

This one was a lot of fun and several firsts for me. Michael Bielaczyc always give me great assignments and he gives me almost full reign to do whatever I would like. A win/win! In the blast I have usually created black and white drawings on toned paper for Michael, but this time around I wanted to do something a little different. I have never created a traditional inked piece for a client, I have never worked wet on unmounted paper, and I have never worked in washes, brush, and pen on a black and white illustration. That is a lot of nevers and I did them all in this piece. Funny to think after all these years of doing this stuff that there are still things I have never done. This was the first time I ever taped down my paper to maintain clean edges and to maintain a smooth page while I worked wet. I know so many artist that work that way all the time... I never have. As an added bonus, here is the drawing that I created for this piece...

Homunculus - Drawing
Sagaborn
14 x 11 - Pencil on paper
Original - Currently not available
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

I will share more about this piece in the coming months when I share the process for it. Since this was the first time working like this there was a bit of trial and error as I figured things out. More about all that another day.

If you are interested in owning your own copy of Sagaborn be sure to head over to PledgeManager and take advantage of the post Kickstarter deals!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment