Monday, November 28, 2016

Fortified Holding Cells: Star Wars LCG - Ancient Rivals

I have another new(ish) Star Wars piece for you today! This piece was spoiled at Gen Con with the early release of the expansion to the Star Wars Card Game Ancient Rivals. The expansion came was released officially a short time after Gen Con, and my blog schedule is finally opening up for me to share it here. Enough yammering; here my piece titled, Fortified Holding Cells...

Fortified Holding Cells
Star Wars LCG - Ancient Rivals
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That poor unfortunate Talz. It is definitely having a bad day. The Talz was on my list of Star Wars aliens and monsters I really wanted to officially paint, so this was a fun piece to receive for sure. I usually jump at any opportunity to illustrate any original trilogy creatures. Fun fact: while other of my completely bloodless Star Wars illustrations have been deemed too violent, this one, with splattered blood, bloody hands, and droplets of blood in mid-air made it through with no comment. Here is the drawing that I did for this piece...

Fortified Holding Cells
Star Wars LCG - Ancient Rivals
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Last but not least, here is an image of the card this painting was created for. It uses the football template, so there is some loss of the image due to the chrome of the card, but the important stuff is still there. All in all, it turned out really well...

Fortified Holding Cells in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment