Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dungeons & Dragons - Monsters and Heroes of the Realms - Coloring Book

The Dungeons & Dragons - Monsters and Heroes of the Realms Coloring Book was recently released and I go my hands on a copy over the weekend. Turns out that some of my work created for the 5th Edition Monster Manual was adapted for use in the coloring book! A surprise to me, but never the less pretty neat. Here is a look at the cover...

Dungeons & Dragons - Monsters and Heroes of the Realms Coloring Book

While I had nothing to do with the creation of this actual product, someone converted my paintings into line art so that they can now be colored. My pieces that are used in the coloring book are the Kraken, Aarakocra, and the Salamander, all favorites of mine for different reasons. Really fun to see them turned into line art for coloring. Now to deal with the temptation to color them like I painted them. Here is a look at the coloring pages of my monsters...

Kraken coloring book page
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Aarakocra coloring book page
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Salamander coloring book page
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

There was an unexpected credits section in the back of the book. Not that I was surprised that the original artist got credit, but that there is a thumbnail of the coloring page, the artist that created the original art, and the original publication of the art. They went that extra mile and that is really neat. There is also a mini color gallery featuring some of the original art used in this book, but none of my color pieces were used in this mini gallery. Here is a look at one of the credit pages...

Coloring book page credits page sample
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment