Monday, October 10, 2016

Marketplace - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am happy to share a new personal piece that I will be debuting next week at Illuxcon. My schedule has been a little interesting lately, and getting all the art made that I want to has not been easy. That said, I have doubled down since Gen Con to get some work made, and this is the showpiece of the lot. I present you with Marketplace...

Marketplace
11 x 14 - Acrylic on board 
Original - NFS
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

While my monsters tend to be either male or gender-less, this monster is purposely female. I have wanted to do a piece that uses my wife as the reference... and she has been eager to pose. An idea and piece finally came around that I thought she would be a good fit. I will share more regarding this piece at a later date when I talk about the process, it is still fresh off the work station, and I need some distance to properly talk about it. Here is a look at the drawing that when into this painting...

Marketplace - Drawing
14 x 17 - Acrylic on board 
Original - NFS
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment