Thursday, December 17, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Bossk and me

For those of you who follow the blog or know me in person know good and well I love Bossk and Trandoshans in general. A million years ago in 2002 I decided I wanted to make a Bossk costume to wear to the premiere of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. Easy, right? If not for the help of my amazing wife (who was not my wife yet) it would have never happened. I created the head and the arms and she tackled the flight suit. For 13 years ago I think we did a pretty good job. The color if his skin is not right and there a lot of anatomy and detail issues, but I an still really happy to have done it.

It was a lot of fun to wear and to make. The one thing I found very strange was the entire night there were Star Wars 'fans' constantly saying to me, "Wrong movie" followed with a "Meh". Mind you, this was at the premiere of the movie, no one had seen it, who knows if Bossk was going to make a cameo. Further more, what does it matter if Bossk was not in this particular movie? I found it such a strange response and even stranger looking back now. Funny thing is, with the animated Clone Wars series it has been established that Bossk was in fact active during the time line of Attack of the Clones. So, I win?

Here are some pics from the premiere night of Attach of the Clones to coincide with today's premiere of The Force Awakens...  

My Bossk mask. 
The mask and the arms (which are now painted gray for another costume) are all that remains from the costume. This was taken a year ago when I was going through some boxes.

Bossk and a Sith hanging out in line waiting for the 12:01am.
Photo by Achsa Nute

Bossk andfriends hanging out waiting for something to happen.
Photo by Achsa Nute

Bossk and some Sith just chilling out in a movie theater...
Photo by Achsa Nute

...switcharoo! There is a bounty for one of the Sith! RAWR!
Photo by Achsa Nute

FLEE! Flee tiny human at the arrival of Bossk! RAWR!
Photo by Achsa Nute

That is all for another exciting Thursday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment: