Monday, December 28, 2015

Fresh from the drawing table... Blink Dog!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Blink Dog! This week I have for you the final three "B" monsters that appear in the original D&D Monster Manual! First up this week is a crazy canine monster that has issues with its local in space and time. I present to you my version of a Blink Dog… 


Blink Dog
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
Original - Currently not available
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

What's this? A dog that is here, there, and everywhere all at the same time? A mortal enemy of the kitty cat Displacer Beast? What cantankerous and kooky conundrums can this canine create? Who knows... it is just a dog monster with location issues. I suspect that these things were touched by the Elder Gods and simply are not meant to exist on our plane of reality any more, but just have not figured out how to stay there yet. The Blink Dog was always one of those monsters I never really thought about. ..until now. I REALLY wanted to give them tentacles, but I thought it would confuse things when I was working on "D" and finally created my version of the Displacer Beast.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.   
  
That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment