Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chewbacca - Imperial Assault Winter Organized Play Kit

Just in time for Illuxcon! My Chewbacca painting has been spoiled over on the Fantasy Flight website. This marked the first time I was asked to paint everybody's favorite Wookiee and it was a very exciting assignment. I was asked to depict Chewie giving a bunch of Stormtroopers a very difficult time. Speaking of Stormtroopers, this is the first time I got to paint Stormtroopers as well! I present Chewbacca for the Imperial Assault Winter Organized Play Kit...

Chewbacca
Imperial Assault Winter Organized Play Kit
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

This piece was completed in March and it feels like a million years ago now in terms of painting. In the first full year of painting traditionally for clients and myself I produced 30 paintings. If I remember correctly, Chewbacca was number eight or nine, in the top ten for sure. This image of the painting is still a scan and not a photograph so needless to say, the actual painting looks SO much better in person. Really thrilled I will be able to bring this with me to Illuxcon!

This painting will be used as alternate art as part of the Winter In-Store Organized Play Kits for Imperial Assault. Each kit has only two copies of the card so hopefully it will be in high demand. Here is a look at the rest of the Winter Organized Play Kit...

Imperial Assault Winter Organized Play Kit courtesy of the Fantasy Flight Games website

A HUGE thanks to Deb Freytag for giving me this assignment and for the great art direction during the creation of this piece! Thanks, Deb!

That is all for a very special extra Tuesday post on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment