Monday, June 8, 2015

Trandoshan Hunter - Imperial Assault Summer Organized Play Kit

FINALLY! The first of my traditionally painted Star Wars work has finally begun to appear! I have been working traditionally on all of my Star Wars assignments since September of last year. Needless to say I am more then eager to start sharing the mighty stack of work that has accumulated. The first to surface was my second card assignment which happen to included a pair of space lizards that are near and dear to me. I present the Trandoshan Hunter for the Imperial Assault Summer Organized Play Kit...

Trandoshan Hunter
Imperial Assault Summer Organized Play Kit
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I have mentioned here on the blog more then once that I really like Trandoshans. With that in mind it seemed like a perfect fit for me to work on a pair as these lovely space lizards for the Summer Organized Play Kit for Imperial Assault. This alternate art card will be given away to players that take part in Imperial Assault events at their local game store or similar venue. Here is a look at the rest of the Summer Organized Play Kit...

Imperial Assault Summer Organized Play Kit courtesy of the Fantasy Flight Games website

I am still not happy with my image captures of my paintings. They are getting better, sometimes, but for me, there is room still for improvement. Since this was one of my first paintings this feeling is even more so. BUT, I make the most of it, the client was happy with the images, I am happy with the paintings (that looks so much better in person) and the images will look great on a card. In the end, everyone is happy with the part that they need to be happy about. ...but there is room for improvement. Here is a photo I just took of the varnished painting in its frame, it is not perfect either, but if you look at both the scan and the photo you can get a better feel for the piece...

Trandoshan Hunter - Framed
Imperial Assault Summer Organized Play Kit
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Here is the funny thing about the Trandoshan Hunter card for Imperial Assualt... this is not the first time my art has been used on this card, this is not even the second time my art had been on this card. This will mark the THIRD time my art has been used on the Trandoshan Hunter card for Imperial Assault. I have dug my fingers in deep with Trandoshans over at FFG! For the core set and the Adepticon exclusive giveaway versions of the Trandoshan Hunter work that I have previously done was used for the card. This version marks the first time I have created new work for the card. Here is a look at how the other two versions of the card turned out...

Trandoshan Hunter - Imperial Assault - Core set

Trandoshan Hunter - Adepticon exclusive giveaway

I am also including the original paintings for the two previous Trandoshan Hunter cards as well so you can compare and contrast and look at the progression of my digital work and transition into my traditional work. I am really happy with the direction of my take on the Trandoshans, I feel like I am creating my own personal visual style and look for them as well as staying true to Bossk and the other Trandoshans that are cannon to the Star Wars universe. 

AT-PT 
Edge of the Empire
7 x 10 - Digital
© 2013 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle
Imperial Assault - Core set
10.1 x 9 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment