Friday, June 5, 2015

Career Entrepreneur - Process - Far Horizons

Today I am once again away from my computer doing Star Wars related activities so I thought I would leave the monsters in charge to share some process work for a Star Wars project. This time around is the crafty Chiven Career Entrepreneur from Edge of the Empire, Far Horizons! I first shared these pieces last November, so here is how the final Career Entrepreneur turned out...

Career Entrepreneur
Edge of the Empire - Far Horizons 
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I have always been fan of the Chevin and was thrilled to do a pair of them for Far Horizon. If you are wondering about the Chevin, think back to Ephant Mon in Jabba's Palace in Return of the Jedi. If you are wondering about Ephant Mon... there is Google. Anyway... Chevin, big, hulking alien monsters! YAYS! I started things off as usual with some thumbnails...

Career Entrepreneur - Thumbnails
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

The Career Entrepreneur offered up an interesting situation since he is counting credit chips and is not very adventurous. HOT counting action! But not everyone in the universe can be a Jedi or smuggler. Imagine starting out your character as a Career Entrepreneur and ending up a crime lord! That would be some great RPG fun. Anyway... I submitted some thumbnails and option "B" was selected. Once I had an approved thumbnail it was time for a drawing...

Career Entrepreneur
Edge of the Empire - Far Horizons
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
Original for sale over on my web store!
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

The drawing was approved and it was time for some painting. I got to start on the Career Entrepreneur and in 12 easy steps the Career Entrepreneur took shape. The Aurebesh was it's once process. Fear naught, there are no secret messages in the Aurebesh, it is all random letters that stand for fictitious Star Wars corporation followed by numbers. It is just a big stock market holo feed.

Career Entrepreneur - Process progression
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Once again I have for you a handy dandy animated process thingy to better show the process of creating the image. Hopefully this better shows how the image comes together and takes shape. ...and the blunders I have to fix along the way...

Career Entrepreneur - Animated process progression
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I shared this before but it bares repeating here, the Career Entrepreneur made a repeat appearance on and in the Entrepreneur Specialization Deck. I was not expecting such attention for this little guy but it sure is nice!

Entrepreneur Specialization Deck cover and card back with hot Chiven counting credits action!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for some new Star Wars action! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment