Monday, June 1, 2015

Bom Vimdin

Today I have for you a new Star Wars study! This time around it is one of the many cantina aliens from Star Wars: A New Hope, the wily Advozse smuggler and mercenary, Bom Vimdin. This particular piece has languished on the work station for some time waiting to be painted. It was there so long it was slowly acquiring a nice patina of over splatter from other paintings. Before leaving town for our European trip I made the time and finally finished up Bom Vimdin...

Bom Vimdin
5 x 7 - Acrylic on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

Not sure why Bom Vimdin ended up on the side lines for so long, but it was really good to FINALLY finish him up. Always thought he was a sharp looking alien in his studded vest and silk cravat. ...and that one horn on the top of his head, how can you not love that?! Here is the drawing that was done long ago when I first imagined myself painting Bom Vimdin in a matter of days... not months...

Bom Vimdin - Drawing
  9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As an added bonus here are some images I thought to capture while I worked on this piece. A handful of images so that you can see how the piece took form and came together...

All images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

This marked the completion of a bunch of personal pieces I had planed. Since completing this one I have since prepped a new batch of personal projects that I am already beginning on... more on that hopefully soon!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment