Monday, March 9, 2015

Magic the Gathering - Dragons of Tarkir - Gudul Lurker

Last week I had a piece spoiled from the newest expansion of Magic the Gathering, Dragons of Tarkir! This piece is near and dear to me because it is a giant salamander monster that I was asked to design and illustrate. Here is the final version of the mighty Gudul Lurker...

"Gudul Lurker"
Magic the Gathering: Dragons of Tarkir
12 x 8.7 - Digital
© 2015 Wizards of the Coast

I understand that the card mechanics are pretty okay, or so the internet has led me to believe. Either way people seem to think it is cute and there are a lot of folks out there that like salamanders. Honestly, who could blame them, salamanders and newts are super cool. Here is how the final card turned out in low resolution goodness...

Gudul Lurker in handy dandy card form

A big thanks to Jeremy Jarvis for the assignment and great art direction on this piece! I will have more to share about this in the coming weeks with the process and related aspects. This piece had its ups and downs as I worked on it and in the end it is stronger for it all. RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment