Monday, February 2, 2015

Armed to the Teeth - Star Wars: Between the Shadows

Starting off a week of new Star Wars work! All of the new work was created for the newly released expansion to the Star Wars card game, Between the Shadows. I worked on this deluxe expansion last January and the set contains one of my favorite pieced created for the game, Armed to the Teeth, as well the last of my digitally painted Star Wars pieces. I present to you, Armed to the Teeth...

Armed to the Teeth
Star Wars: Between the Shadows
10.3 x 8.6 - Digital
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

What is better then a Besalisk wielding four blasters in a painting? How about a Besalisk, Rodian, obese Gungan, Bith, Twi'lek, Quarren, and Pa'lowick all in one painting! Of course for most of those species you only get a peek and they are cropped in the final card. I know they are there! I dug into my reference figures and pretty much randomly pulled out the aliens that ended up in the background. I will most likely have more to share about this piece when I share the process in the coming months. That bar sure has seen a lot of action... more on that another day real soon. Here is a look at how the final card turned out...

Armed to the Teeth in handy dandy card form

As an added bonus, just for you all since I like you so much, here is a look at some of the photo reference that went into the making of this piece.  RAWR! I am all the monsters...

But a glimpse of the reference fun that happened for Armed to the Teeth
Photos by Achsa Nute 

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday for more Star Wars fun! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment