Monday, October 13, 2014

Very Near Mint volume three

I may have first mentioned VNM volume 3 way back in February of 2013 but the wait has well been worth it because VNM3 is now out in the world! I am happy to also share my contribution to this new graphic novel. I have more then once mentioned Justin Perterson's graphic novel series that includes VNM1, Uncanny VNM, and VNM2. Over the years I have taken Justin's characters and turned them into monsters and put them in harms way, and this time is no different. Here is my contribution to Very Near Mint volume 3...

Teenage Mutant Ninja VNM
Art by Christopher Burdett
Characters © 2014 Justin Peterson

This piece was a lot of fun to work on and I was more then thrilled to be a part of VNM3. Also nice to help a friend and live vicariously in comics through someone else. Here are some images of the piece in process...

Mutants taking shape in red and blue.

Mutants in black and white... and some gray.

If you need another reason to pick up VNM3... how about you need to get it because I am in the book as a character! There was an option in Justin's Kickstarter for VNM3 to be a character in the book and I was quick to jump on that. While enjoying your copy of VNM make sure you keep an eye out for me...

Very Near Mint 3 with special guest star... ME!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment