Monday, July 14, 2014

Jawa... UTINNI!

UTINNI! Today I have for you a new traditionally painted Star Wars piece. This time around it is a small portrait of a Jawa. As with Chief Chirpa, I wanted to work a bit smaller for this one, see how quickly I could finish it and try out some new materials on it. I present you with a very small Jawa...

"Jawa"
  4 x 4
acrylic, pencil, and gouache on board
Original - SOLD
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

As with my other Star Wars piece I have been doing for myself the initial drawing is much larger then the final painting... this time even more so. The Jawa drawing is a square on 9 x 12 paper. Since I knew it was going to end up so much smaller I decided to work a little looser and quicker on the drawing. Once it was shrunk down to 4 x 4 it really tightened up and was perfect for the painting. Here is how the drawing turned out...

Jawa - Drawing
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

I was working very quickly on this one, but still managed to get some images of it along the way. Here is the Jawa coming together in paint form... more or less...

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

Here is another handy dandy animated gif of all those images so you can look at them all at once...


Jawa - Process progression

As an added bonus, here is a little video to go with a little Jawa. This was originally posted up on Instagram (where I like to post little videos of me working and photos of my drawings while I am working on them). You can see my skills of using a pencil to... um... paint? It is still painting when I use a pencil, right?

Adding some detail at the end... RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment