Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pusbibble - Blood Bowl: Fowl Play

My contribution to the upcoming expansion to Blood Bowl: Team Manager, Fowl Play, was spoiled on the Fantasy Flight Games website yesterday. What that really means is that I can now share it here! What makes this piece even more special... to me, at least... is that this is my first traditionally painted piece for FFG. I present to you the newest star player for the Nurgle’s Rotters, Pusbubble...

Pusbubble
8 x 10
Acrylic and pencil on board
© 2014 Fantasy Flight Games

I was tasked to create this little Nurgling that was super eager to play, though he might not be as big and powerful as his horrific plague-carrying brethren. I was approached about this assignment while driving home from Gen Con last year. At a break from driving, I checked my phone, and there was an email inquiry. At first, I was not going to take on the assignment... but then I got to thinking about doing the piece traditionally, and suddenly the assignment got a whole lot more tempting. ...well, you can see how tempting it was because I am sharing with you the finished painting.

When the expansion finally gets released, I will share with you the process and steps that went into this painting, as well as some thoughts about why I decided to do this piece traditionally.

I will leave you with an image of how the final production card is going to look...

Pusbubble in handy card form.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment