Friday, May 2, 2014

Babirusa Pigs for all your Babirusa Pig needs

Still super swamped with too much to get done so I am ending the week with some reference for you and me. I had about 24 spare hours last weekend and that meant a trip to a not so local zoo. Took a ton of photos and I wanted to share some of them with you. Today's selection is the Babirusa Pig! Do yourself a favor and look up what their tusks look like and can do. These specimens did not come equipped with tusks, but they did offer up some great texture and quadruped anatomical reference...

Bonus sleeping otters behind the pig!

Of course, all images are © 2014 Christopher Burdett

While these may not be a fancy and over the top as a Hornbill the Babirusa Pig offers a lot of great reference to learn from. Just looking at these images now I am reminded of how much I have still to learn about animal design and how much my monsters can still improve. That is one of reasons to never stop looking and learning.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment