Friday, February 28, 2014

Beholden - Tentacles on Toned Paper

I sometimes feel like everywhere I turn I am tripping over monsters and monster drawings... and sometime I am actually correct. At some previous date I had a spare moment and began doodling some tentacles and eye and after a just a little bit of drawing stuck the doodle in the back of my sketchbook and forgot all about it. Jump ahead and while flipping through my sketchbook I rediscover my tentacle monsters. Jump ahead even further and I finally had enough time pieced together to have finished it...

Beholden
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

Funny thing is, it is back in my sketchbook. I needed to slice off a little down one side and it is in a bag and backboard for transit to a paper cutter and it has not managed to escape my sketchbook again. I am horrible about carrying around huge stacks of drawings with me from projects that I am working on... which become drawings from projects that I have finished... which become drawings from projects that I finished two months ago. Maybe I am trying to raise my own Pokemon... I choose you, Beholden!

Here are some images I managed to take of this drawing taking shape. There is a weird gap in the process which I could have sworn I took images of. One of the great mysteries that will never be solved... where did those images of that one random drawing go??? Anyway... here are some images of this drawing taking shape...

Beholden - process images
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment