Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Razor Boars - Hordes - Privateer Press


First post of 2014! Starting things off with something I managed to go pretty much all of 2013 without posting... partially because I never knew it had been released! I am usually more on top of when my work is released, but this one slipped by me. Here are my final designs for the Razor Boars for the Privateer miniatures games, Hordes...

Razor Boars
© 2013 Privateer Press

Now if you are thinking to yourself that you are very familiar with the Hordes miniatures, but you don't recognize these at all while you may be familiar with the name... There are reasons for this. Here is what the production Razor Boars look like...

Razor Boards final production miniatures
(Image courtesy of Privateer Press)

Looks like there were some additional edits, changes, and revisions after I turned in my designs! These things happen, while rare, it is inherit in the production of products like miniatures. Actually, most of the work for hire contracts that I sign state that the work I turn in is open to be revised, edited, or even changed out right by the client (read those contracts!). If this happened earlier in my career I would have been devastated and my ego crushed... thankfully my skin has gotten thinker and I have gotten a lot more caviler about the life span of my work once it leaves my hands. This only took five years and some really rough blows to my art self esteem.

As an added bonus, here are a bunch of my designs and concepts that went into the different parts and pieces of the Razor Boar...



Various Razor Boar roughs and concepts
ALL are © 2013 Privateer Press

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment