Friday, September 27, 2013

Deviants - OHOTMU Reduxe

I have recently contributed again to the extremely awesome The Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe REDUXE Edition (OHOTMU Reduxe) blog. You will remember that this blog is redesigning, reinventing, and otherwise recreating all of the entries in the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Universe. My previous batch of aliens can be found HERE and HERE. For my thrid, and more likely final contribution I tackled HUGE group of crazy mutant alien proto human things... I present to you my take on the Deviants...
 
Original illustrations by Sal Buscema and Joe Rubinstein - © Marvel Comics
Redesigns - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Original illustrations by Sal Buscema and Joe Rubinstein - © Marvel Comics
Redesigns - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

These all took a bit of time to finally finish up... I have in fact been working on these off and on since April! A labor of love. Now that they are done I am a little surprised how much I put into them. They were fun... but 18 is a lot of portraits. Here are some larger uncropped image of them all so you can get a better look at them...

Kro, Tode, Ghaur, and Ransak the Reject Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Cataphrax, Ranar, Aholau, and Vira Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Dragona, Erishkigel, Zakka, Shelmar, Toro Rojo Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Broop, Sluice, Ragar, Karygmax, Yrdisis Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh man Chris this is just the best thing ever! Boy have I been missing some good stuff over here. I mean GOSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Worked on these off and on for a while trying to get them all done. Glad you are enjoying them.

      The blog does get updated 3 times a week... one way or another! There is always something new coming to the blog. :)

      Delete
    2. I know, I need to have an RSS feed set up or something. Keep it coming! it is mind boggling to see the work you are putting out now, and simultaneously inspiring and daunting

      Delete
    3. It all happens in steps. A little advancement at a time over a long period of work and effort. For years I tried to find the quick and easy way to jump to the end. Took a long time to realize you just have to sit down and work at it. Good or bad... I think everyone can do it over a long enough period of time.

      Delete
  2. is there one of these guys you like especially?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all favorites for different reasons... but for me, Karygmax, Vira, and Zakka stand out in the end.

      Delete