Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Anatomy of Elemental Evil

The July issue of Dragon magazine is out and I am happy to share with you my second contribution to this issue. If you missed the first, check out the post on Monday! Dragon #425 features the article, The Anatomy of Elemental Evil, and the wife had very little involvement with the reference of this one. I summoned my inner Elder Elemental Eye in the Plane of Elemental Chaos and this is what I came up with... 

The Anatomy of Elemental Evil
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

Okay, let's see... tentacles, CHECK... LAVA tentacles, DOUBLE CHECK! I love the assignments that after reading the art description the only question I have is, "Does the column need to have tentacles, or is the column MADE of tentacle?" After all those Mephits and this Elder Elemental Eye I have taken care of more then my share of lava and vapor. Funny how things come across my desk in waves... kinda like Trandoshans... but I digress. Hey look, that thing has LAVA TENTACLES! That's pretty cool!

As always, I would like to thank Kate Irwin for involving me on this project and for her art direction! In the coming weeks I will have for you my thumbnails, sketches, and a process step by step breakdowns for this pieces. 

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment