Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Alien Races - Horusians to Judans - OHOTMU Reduxe

I have recently begun contributing to an extremely awesome blog, The Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe REDUXE Edition (OHOTMU Reduxe). If you are not familiar with it I highly recommend taking the time to head over and check it out! Even if you are not a huge fan of the Marvel Comics universe it is worth your time to check out all the great work and a very impressive project in both size and quality. I have a love for revisiting, reinventing, and redesigning and this blog offers me a great chance to have some fun and let loose on unfamiliar source material. For me first contribution I tacked a group of aliens, I present to you my take on the Alien Races - Horusians to Judans...

Original illustrations by Kyle Baker and Joe Rubinstein - © Marvel Comics
Redesigns - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

These were incredibly fun to work on and I am looking forward to having the chance to do more... so hopefully in the coming weeks I will have that chance! Here are some larger images of each of my redesigns so you can get a better look at the finals...

Horusians Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Hujah Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Interdites Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Judans Redesign - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Since most of my illustration work is fully painted these days it was really nice to be able to cut loose and have some fun digitally inking my drawings and then doing looser color work to create the finals. Really left me wanting to do more work like this. Not only is it quicker in many aspects, but it was just fun to create a more graphic image. Here is a look at the drawings and ink work that went into each of the alien redesigns...

Horusians pencil and ink work - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Hujah pencil and ink work - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Interdites pencil and ink work - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

Judans pencil and ink work - © 2013 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment