Friday, April 19, 2013

A Cyclops - Learning to Draw

It has been awhile since I did one of these... Today I have for you another of my attempts to learn to draw better monsters. You may remember my posts about the Scary Monster, Kangachicken, and Astrobird as I explore the very awesome 'How to Draw MONSTERS!" by Robert Pierce. I have had some more time to pour through the pages of this most excellent book and I have worked up another of the monsters found within. As a reminder, here is the book I am referring to...

'How to Draw MONSTERS!" by Robert Pierce
© 1984 Field Publications

This time around I went with the timeless classic, the mighty Cyclops. Stick with the iconic monsters and you can't go wrong! Again, my hats off to you, Mr. Pierce, you would have made the six year old me extremely excited about drawing monsters with this book. Lets see how it is done...

How to draw a Cyclops by Robert Pierce - in six easy steps!
© 1984 Field Publications

Seemed pretty straight forward! I got to work on my very own Cyclops and this is what I came up with...

A Cyclops - Step Seven - RAWR!
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

As before - and I will repeat each and every time I do one of these, I have nothing but complete admiration for the works of Robert Pierce and mean for this to be a celebration of his work and the joy of drawing. Expect to see more tributes to Mr. Pierce's work here on the blog in the future!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post.

    You take a tutorial and make it your own.

    Hehe, step seven.

    ReplyDelete