Monday, March 25, 2013

Icetromper - Star Wars: Desolation of Hoth

The first expansion of the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars card game, Desolation of Hoth, is now out and I am happy to have a card in this expansion. Though you might recognize it at first this is in fact a animal that lives on the frozen world of Hoth (they first appeared in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game). I present you with the mighty Icetromper...

Icetromper
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

I tried to capture the Icetromper in mid "RAWR!". Though this is my second Star Wars piece to be released it was not the second piece I created. Due to product release schedules changing and various other reason this piece has trickled to the top much earlier then expected - not that I am complaining. It was a fun one that came together very quickly all things considered. I took the assignment just before Gen Con last year and had to get it out the door before I left for the convention. Here is how the final Icetromper card turned out...

Icetromper in handy card form
 
When I was contacted about working on a Hoth themed set I first thought of Wampas and Tauntauns, so the Icetromper was a pit of a surprise. But is all worked out fine in the end! Thanks goes out to Mike Linnemann for including me on the project, always fun to work on Star Wars. In the coming weeks I will have a post about production of the piece since it went through some changes both before and after the piece was painted.

That is all for another exciting Star Wars Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment