Monday, February 11, 2013

Mumoku no Oni - Torn Asunder - L5R

Torn Asunder, the newest expansion for the Legends of the Five Rings CCG will be out later this month and I have one card in this set. The card was spoiled online late last month and I thought I might as well share the big guy. I present you with the mighty Mumoku no Oni...

Mumoku no Oni
© 2013 Alderac Entertainment Group

I created this piece last June and it was a lot of fun. It was described as a province killer and I hope it lives up to that description! It certainly says, "RAWR!". Once the set is out and I have a copy of the card in hand I will share the process as well as some thoughts on creating the piece. When creating a giant monster that is destroying a fictitious medieval Japan it is hard to not look to certain sources for reference. More on this in the coming weeks. For now I will leave you with an image of the card...

Mumoku no Oni in handy card form
© 2013 Alderac Entertainment Group

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments: