Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Alligator Skull

I have become the proud owner of a beautiful alligator skull and I would like to share some images of it on the blog to spread the usefulness of this great reference item. I very much would like to thank Melissa Findley for such an amazing gift! Her father has recently taken up taxidermy and she and I have already begun to benefit from his new hobby.

I hope you can find the photos helpful! RAWR!











 Alligator skull and replica life size human skull for size comparison

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo with a skull collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owning skulls does not make you a weirdo... it's what you do with them! :P

      Delete
  2. Hi Chris, great blog!

    Skulls and bones are fantastic to sketch from. They have a wonderful patina and graceful lines. Also, for folks that want to sketch more skulls and such, most natural history museums will be more than happy to give artists access to their storage if you ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! Glad to hear you are enjoying the blog.

      Delete