Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gen Con 2012 - Wrap up

I am back and have survived another exciting and adventurous Gen Con. I am still getting unpacked and settled as well as getting on top of my deadlines, so today's post is going to be quick. If you missed any of my posts from Gen Con you can see the here: DAY 0, DAY 1, DAY 2, DAY 3, and DAY 4. I realized after returning I didn't take nearly enough photos of other artists in their booths... need to work on that next year. Speaking of next year, I will be returning to Gen Con 2013, so I hope to see you there!

I have for you a couple more sketches I did at the con as well as some photos from the travels home. Gen Con is one of the only times I will just about draw anything. Since I am usually so busy with client work or my own work I don't take on private commissions, but since I am a captive audience at the con I find myself drawing all kinds of interesting things...

 An ox / scorpion hybrid that represent birth year and astrological sign.... RAWR!

A little pony, lobster, and Madagascar cockroach mix. I ended up doing an additional drawing of this one too, but somehow forgot to get a picture of it. RAWR! 

Out layover on the way south was in Washington DC. Got to see the sights at a distance.

Not usually out on the tarmac with the planes at an airport this big... but I guess this is how they roll here.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

I love taking pictures of clouds up in the air. These new space phones make it so easy to get great reference images. Just makes me wish I had one a few years back when I flew around a spectacular storm.

I think that just about wraps up all that I can share from Gen Con. I know I am probably missing 75% of what went on... but that is why you attend, so you can experience it all! I will be returning to normal blog operations on Friday and I will start sharing next week all the new work that is now available! RAWR!

That is all for today, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment