Wednesday, June 6, 2012

IMC - Once more with FEELING!

It is that time again, early tomorrow morning I will be getting in my car and driving to Amherst, Massachusetts for the Illustration Master Class. Almost on this exact day last year I expounded on my fears, worries, and expectations for IMC 2011. Feel free to take a moment and read all the details of my freak out. This year, not so much...

This year, I am actually not even fully packed yet and don't have all my stuff together that I am taking. I have of course shot reference, done roughs and thumbnails, and have a finished drawing I will be presenting for critique on Saturday. The important end of things is done and the rest will fall into place today. What is lacking, as I may have mentioned, is all the freaking out. I have a really bad habit of expecting the worse and over thinking things that I have not done before. Thankfully that has been dealt with in regards to IMC.

If IMC 2012 is even a little bit like 2011 it will be an amazing time. I will be seeing a lot of friends and familiar faces and there will be a lot of new people to meet and get to know. I had so many hopes, expectations, and fears last year that IMC had a lot to live up to, and it did so many times over. This year I am just looking forward to returning and letting IMC do its magic with the constant worries in my mind. IMC will be awesome, the instructors will be awesome, and my fellow students will be awesome. The only less then completely awesome aspect is the two days of driving up and two days of driving back, but I can make the best of it.

I will leave you with a single image today. This is the photo that got my project rolling for this year's assignment. For now I will leave it at that... ENJOY...

 Getting my ideas... together?

I will of course be completely covering and documenting my time at IMC, but like last year I will be posting after I return home. There will not be enough time in the day to do everything I need to do at IMC as well as completely cover the previous day on the blog. I will however try to once again sneak onto the blog next week and give little glimpses of what is going on!

That is all for today. I will be traveling on Friday, but will try to stop by the blog before I get on the road. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment: