Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Arkham Horror Monsters - Wave 2 (Part 1)

Wave 2 of the Arkham Horror Monsters - Premium Figures are now available over on the Fantasy Flight Website. I mention this fact because I designed five of the miniatures in this new set! Today I have for you three of the five monsters, the Skinless One, Gnoph-Keh, and Wailing Writher. Here are the miniature turnarounds...

Skinless One
© 2012 Fantasy Flight Games

Gnoph-Keh
© 2012 Fantasy Flight Games

Wailing Writher
© 2012 Fantasy Flight Games

I took some pictures of the miniatures so you can compare how the finals turned out compared to my designs. It is always interesting to see what has changed and how my designs were interpreted by the sculpture. I think overall of these three I am most pleased with the Wailing Writher, it was miniature I was really looking forward to and I really like the monster as well. See for yourself...

Skinless One Miniature

Gnoph-Keh Miniature

Wailing Writher Miniature

I worked on all these way back in 2009 and I have had to be very patient every since. It is just a real treat that they are finally being released and I don't have to share the designs as a project that 'could have been'. I really love to work on miniature projects and to hold the resulting miniature in my hands and it is that much more of a let down when the project does not see the light of day. Needless to say the wait has been worth it for these, it is really exciting to be able to finally enjoy the final product and to share the work that I put into them.

That is all for a madness filled Wednesday, see you back here on Friday for the rest of the miniatures that I designed for this set! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment