Friday, August 19, 2011

Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter (part 2)

Wrapping up a week of new work I have for you the second half of the demons that I produced for the Fantasy Flight Games release of Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter, RPG supplement. If you missed it, part 1 can be seen on Wednesday's post. For some reason I feel compelled to mention yet again, thanks to seeing these at Gen Con I can now share them with you...

Plaguebearer
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Daemonette
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

The Plaguebearer turned out to be my favorite of the four since it was very much more to my sensibilities. You know, all rotted, bloated, torn open and dripping... because that means much more interesting forms and textures! These all came together fairly easily and quickly except the Daemonette. I was not happy with the first drawing I submitted for it and after shooting more reference submitted the drawing for the version you see above. Games Workshop requested some changes to the final of the Daemonette as well, but those were minor tweaks to the face. I pose for most of the monsters I create but sometimes I am just not right for a monster. My wife got to be the reference for the Daemonette and she did a stellar job of it!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog! See you back here on Monday for some MORE new work! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I LOVE Warhammer. These are really great interpretations.

    ReplyDelete