Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Creature Incarnations: They Creep

Today on the blog I am pleased to finally bring you three new pieces for Dungeons and Dragons! These appeared last month in Dungeon Magazine issue 191 and went live while I was at the Illustration Master Class so I have not had a chance to share them until now. If you guessed these might have monsters in them, then you guessed correct! On with the monsters...

They Creep: Opener
© 2011 Wizards of the Coast

They Creep: Scarabs
© 2011 Wizards of the Coast

They Creep: Bugs
© 2011 Wizards of the Coast

This was a really special assignment since I was able to design six all new insect monsters for Dungeons and Dragons. Can't complain about that! There were some notes and reference they wanted me to use as I started on some of these, but I also had a lot of freedom to just make them cool monsters. And making cool monsters is hopefully something I am good at.... hopefully. Not sure there is much else to say about these right now - I have loads of drawing to share with you soon that went into these which might offer more to talk about. I am a little distracted with planning for Gen Con, you will have to forgive me.

As always, a huge thanks to Jon Schindehette for getting me involved with this. I had a lot of fun with them and am really happy with how they turned out.

That is all for today, more new work on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Chris! I love the way you handle texture in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled those scarabs so well, Chris. Especially the giant one. Texture, light reflection, color, it's all excellent. I give it two spiked mandibles way up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bug pieces are spectacular, Chris. The textures are amazing and really draw you into the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Like I said it is really hard to go wrong with giant big monsters. They were super fun to work on and I was really happy with how they turned out, glad to see others feel the same way :D

    ReplyDelete